Saturday, January 06, 2024

My Lovely Star and Me

 

Mahavihara Majapahit, Trowulan, 31 December 2023

People around me said that both Angie and I more look like sisters rather than mother-daughter. Well, they just don't know that I used to act "I am your mother so I know things better than you do". When Angie was little / teenager, for sure she didn't mind it, lol. Perhaps she even thought so too, I am her mother, 24 years older than her, so … you know.

 

Nevertheless, not all, lol. Some things which are related to the so-called modern technology are not too familiar to me, a woman who belongs to Gen X. I need to learn these things from her. But when referring to viewing life, I am of opinion that I know better.

 

Not so long ago, though, perhaps around 2 years ago, Angie started to speak up her mind to me. Well, don't ask me in what way, I don't remember the details. We started arguing things. And I started to realize that there are unsaid things between us that never came to the surface. I know I am not a perfect mother, I am oftentimes selfish in some ways as Angie is sometimes selfish while acting as a daughter; although of course this is not comparable.

 

Therefore, I started thinking that we need to spend exclusive 'us time'. In 2023 we went traveling only both of us and I made use of the time to heart-to-heart talk with her more often than before. We went to Gedong Songo -- stayed a night in one tourist destination called Sunrise Hill, in January 2023. We stayed one night in Pijar Park, Kudus, in July 2023. We both joined one event called Sekolah Basis in Omah Petroek Jogja in August 2023.

 

When Fitri persuaded me to go to Bromo mountain in August 2023, I persuaded Angie to let me invite Ranz to join us. Well, four of us -- Fitri, Angie, Rand, and me -- had some experiences to go together before. But, this traveling to Bromo became our first experience to go by train and Ranz's nephew, Deven, joined us too. Angie seemed okay. I still sometimes saw her uncomfortable facial expression during the traveling, but perhaps it was caused by the somewhat exhausting trip.

 

This trip to Bromo -- it seemed to me -- made Angie think that it was okay to go traveling with Ranz's family. Therefore when I told her about my plan to take her to Pacitan together with Ranz's family, she agreed. The same thing happened when I invited her to join the trip to Gunung Kidul and Mojokerto.

 

Honestly, I can see clearly that Angie was jealous of Ranz. Since Ranz came into my life, I have had interesting (biking) trips. Angie could not join us because she cannot bike 'that' far.

 

Hopefully we will have more traveling together (both only Angie and me, and together with Ranz),  in this year 2024 and next years. Amen.

 

PT56 11.32 04.02.2024

 

P. S.:

 

Perhaps you will find this post of mine interesting to read 


No comments: