Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mom and daughter


This picture was taken on April 2, 2005. Angie and I were going windowshopping at Citraland Mall Semarang. I always love such an occasion coz we will have much time together, especially during our eating out; while eating we talk about many things, Angie with her experience with her school friends, and me with my experience.

 
Many people say that both of us look like sisters, and not like mother-daughter. This is one thing I feel glad to get married and have a baby at a quite young age. (I got married at 22, and had Angie at 23) so that the age gap between my kid and me is not that big.

 
One time, I talked to her, "I am wondering what kind of relationship I will have if my kid is a son..." Angie didn't comment anything, but from her facial expression, I concluded that she didn't really like that idea of mine. LOL. I didn't mean to regret that I have a daughter, and not a son (referring to many people from many different ethnic groups covet to have sons much more than daughters). Well, just out of the blue, I said such a thing. I am not sure if my relationship with a son would be as harmonious as mine with Angie. :) Oh, I know, as usual, I am just a wise guy. LOL.

 
JDC 12.27 120606

No comments: